Chicken Tikka Masala
Star Recipe Of The Month
Tea Time Munchies
Pre Time: 30 Mins
Pre Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
Chicken Tikka Masala
- Non Veg
Chicken Tikka Masala is boneless chicken gravy, originated in India and is very popular around the world. The chicken cubes or tikka is marinated in yoghurt, fried to perfection and cooked into the thick creamy gravy to yield a yummy dish that can be served with hot Naan, roti and rice.
Posted by : Nirapara
Recipe Category : Spicy Southy
- 800g boneless and skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons Nirapara garam masala
- 2 teaspoon Nirapara turmeric
- 2 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon Nirapara Kashmiri chilli (or 1/2 teaspoon ground red chilli powder)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small onions (or 1 large onion) finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic finely grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Nirapara garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon ground red chilli powder
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy or thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar/sugar
- 1/4 cup water if needed
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro or coriander to garnish
In a bowl, combine chicken with all of the ingredients for the chicken marinade. Marinate for 10 minutes to an hour (or overnight if time allows).
Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and fry until browned for only 3 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
Melt the butter in the same pan. Fry the onions until soft (about 3 minutes).
Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant, then add garam masala, cumin, turmeric and coriander. Fry for about 20 seconds until fragrant while stirring occasionally.
Pour tomato puree, chilli powders and salt. Let simmer for about 10-15 minutes, occasionally stirring until sauce thickens and becomes a deep brown, red colour.
Add the cream and sugar through the sauce. Add the chicken and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick and bubbling. Pour in the water to thin out the sauce, if needed.
Garnish with cilantro (coriander) and serve with hot garlic butter rice and fresh Naan!